Sunday, December 15, 2013

Thanks also for confirming that the film has been commissioned. I just wish it had declared it look


Apologies encouraging first, if I misunderstood the order of things. I can only respond to what I see it in print, and will be submitted to me by phone, by journalist of Sight. Surprisingly I only just beginning to subscribe to Sight, (our only record weekly arts, apart from the Welshman) and therefore have learned my lesson, about the accuracy of their reports, which clearly has caused misleading, in the case this.
Thanks also for confirming that the film has been commissioned. I just wish it had declared it look clear, in the article about the film. I understood from Non Tudor, Arts Editor, she had made several requests for confirmation of the commission, but failed to get an answer. Thanks also for a detailed explanation of your contact with the film timeline, another fact that is not evident from the correspondence in Sight, than elsewhere.
Pity you do not have the memory of our conversation BAFTA, it was an interesting conversation in many ways, and I pity we can not forget the unfortunate implication that 'hate' towards Cefin Roberts, was at the heart of my arguments fairly, about our worthy leader of the National Theatre.
I too would like to know how you came to be a misunderstanding. In an e-mail Alan Llwyd, and the first mention of the 'movie', your name was mentioned first, before Hawthorn Davies and Rhys Powys name as a director - one I know who has worked a lot with you. As you note, and so I'm delighted that S4C has suggested, I was not aware that Hawthorn no experience in drama production, and consequently the question almost weekly look to movies that ARE gysyllteitig with your name - 'Right Behind You' (September 12 to September 26) I may have mislead me about forgiveness.
In Sight, edition September 19, 2013, under the heading 'A film about the Bloomsbury Welsh - Kate Morris and Prosser', this is what is quoted by Alan Llwyd - "What felix salten bambi was S4C see it was the triangle here - all but ménage a trois "with the article adds '... says Alan Llwyd who collaborated on the screenplay felix salten bambi with producer sketch of Branwen Cennard to Tinopolis'. Again, NO mention of Hawthorn, or the fact that he went to S4C, and Alan, with the idea. As one who is familiar with the work of Alan for years, I was surprised (to be perfectly honest) that he had not considered previously scripted the story.
And I have been working on the stage play since 2007, has spent a fortune on research costs, years of reading, and chose to keep the drama out of public respect for family Prosser Rhys, I had no intention in the world to talk about the play, until the full commission drama, exists, and a better idea of its content has been confirmed and discussed with the family. In this context, it may be foolish of what Alan had to mention the movie, this year's Vision Festival, where it was built on the original story chirping Sight, September 8 and then milked further in the subsequent edition on the 19th. Perhaps a fair sense too, would be for Alan, (or maybe Dylan Iorwerth, who also knew about the play, following our conversation at the BBC in Bangor) I should have mentioned the play, at the Festival Appearance - that would have saved I was misinformed that 'S4C' trying to get ahead, and drown my idea with all the hype.
By the way, in order to fully explain the situation, I sent several messages tweeting publicly to account 'Art Vision', after the first mention, I declare that I have stage play in progress with the National Theatre, for Morris and Prosser. In order to account publicly acknowledge it, OPT mention the stage play made in the article, although I had been informed felix salten bambi subsequently that Non Tudur has mentioned it as Editor of Sight, who insisted that the story was going to w Press, without mentioning it, because, 'that only tweet the message had been', which was not enough evidence. Sin not lifted the phone, or send an e-mail, in fairness, that might have avoided some of the misunderstanding here.
In the above context, and the fact that I for years have to repeat myself ad nauseam about my honesty and up nonsense about 'personal debate' and following the second unfortunate coincidence, which I mentioned in The blog, (and in Sight), and one I did not get the courtesy of an explanation so far, I hope I may be forgiven for trying to protect my idea, and step eternal stage.
Paul Griffiths
Theatre Director, Writer and Producer, born in North Wales. Founded his own theater company aged 13, and toured Wales with productions for a rhif of years. Winner of the Drama Medal at the Urdd National Eisteddfod three years in succession Between 1995 and 1

No comments:

Post a Comment